3.13.2009

All's Fair In Love And War...

Okay, so we all know I am PMSing right? If you don't know that, well stick around and I am sure you will irritate me enough to tell you to go suck it and then you will be positive that I am PMSing.




Something comes over me at this time of the month. Call it evil, call it sinister, but I call it genius-pure genius.



I like to mess with my husband.



Ugh-I love the big guy so much, but sometimes I like to tease him a little... maybe make him go crazy a little. I can't help it. It is something that I have done since the beginning of time... if you don't believe me, just go to the beginning of this blog and read about what a horrible person I am to him from time to time and see how well he handles me. He is a master at handling me (giggle).



Anyway, one thing I know about my husband is that he would go to the ends of the earth to make me happy. If I said I wanted a candy bar, he would go out and buy me one, if I said I wanted a Dairy Queen M&M blizzard and I wanted him to share it with me so that I don't consume all of the calories, he would go out and buy one and then eat the 3/4 of it that I can no longer look at because it makes me sick even though he would have been happier with a banana split blizzard. If I said I wanted a puppy... he would protest, but give in. If I said I wanted a treadmill, he would buy one for me knowing full well that I am allergic to anything that makes me sweat and feel like I am having a heart attack, and if I said I wanted to go to Timbuktu on vacation... he would call the travel agent.



He is that good. Honest.



So, the simple fact that I know this about my husband makes my evil PMS plan all that much more fun.



You see... I sent him an email today and all it said was:





"I think we should have another baby. Wouldn't that be fun?!"





and then I attached this picture of Mary from the day we brought her home from the hospital:








Now, most of you are probably thinking this is no big deal, but I can assure you... I just sent my husband into a tailspin for the day.


I can see him now, reading the email and then exhaling loudly. Then he will get up and walk around and rub his hands together. Eventually he will run his fingers through his hair and sit down with a blank stare while he tries to figure out just what to do in a situation like this.


He will think to call me, but I have sent this email in the middle of the night so he will not want to wake me for fear of the PMS which is always worse when woken in the middle of the night.


He will think of emailing me back, but he does not know what kind of mood I will be in when I read the email and again, the PMS factor is working in my favor.


Eventually he will convince himself that I am just joking with him and go on with his day 89% sure that I am either losing my mind or pulling his leg.


Oh-don't feel too sorry for him. He does the same kind of stuff to me... like the time he told me that we were moving to Omaha, no Alabama, no Omaha, maybe Texas, no Virginia, Overseas! No Omaha... maybe.


I have to keep him on his toes somehow...

Just my little way to let him know that I am thinking about him-and that I miss his mug.






*Thanks Timmy for reminding me about this episode-sadly I could not find the part where he shows her the tape of herself ranting... but this part right here... this is my life. My husband is Ray-I am Debra (only a nicer, blonder version)-and my mother-in-law is spot on for Marie.


11 comments:

Cousin Steve said...

Very funny! I can actually picture Carl pacing around rubbing his hands.

I am sure his training will kick in and he will file all the necessary paperwork for that move to Iceland.

sAm said...

Don't ya just love messing with people's minds? Too funny! BTW - the pic of Mary is so beautiful I might've been convinced...she's gorgeous!

Jud said...

Come on down to Maxwell! You'll have plenty of biscuits and grits, and not nearly as much snow.

And, how cool would it be to live in a city where the baseball is the Biscuits? Gotta love it.

And, at Maxwell, you would be a lot closer to the beach than in Omaha....

Anonymous said...

and your sister..> :) (w/the above comment)

Love you! Claire

6gsjs5s4 said...

Women are mean. Just plain mean. Have you ever seen the Everybody Loves Raymond episode where Ray has to deal with Debra's "you know, Ladies Days"? Of course, Ray messes it up soooo bad (as he messes up everything). He actually tapes one of her PMS-rants and plays it back! Great, great epsisode.

I'll have to look for it on YouTube.

Mary is beautiful, BTW. I can also smell the "youth" from here!

momto5minnies said...

I have that sort of husband that will give me everything too. However, I think my husband would think I went off my rocker if I suggested another baby.

Sure is a sweet baby face ...

warren said...

You are mean! Good thing Mary is so dadgum adorable!

Paula said...

Your Poor husband

CJ Sweet said...

Methinks you protest too much about the baby. Well, maybe not, but I don't tune in often and it seems every time I do you are talking about how much you don't want another baby. Are you sure? That one up there is pretty darn cute! I just had my 5th 3 months ago, so clearly I'm off my rocker. Don't take my advice! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Be careful what you wish for. He may just warm up to the idea of another baby in the house.

Anonymous said...

June that was deliciously evil of you. Well done sista!