3.29.2007

Drama Drama Drama!

I can't stand drama. I am not good at it and I try to avoid it at all cost. There are some people in our family (well, maybe not my family... but I will leave it up to you to decide whose family I am referring to.) who seem to do nothing more than sit at home and think up new dramas to call about and fret about. I don't have time for this-and so I am rude, and then I get in trouble for being rude. So I just don't answer the phone.... God bless the person who invented caller id. I bet it was a woman trying to get some peace and quiet!

What is the purpose of drama really? It just really frustrates me. If you have something imperatively important to tell me-like you have lost a limb or you have won a million bucks, than by all means call me--I may not answer, and I may not call you back... but I will listen to your message and be either sympathetic or thrilled for you. Do not call me to tell me that you think, but are not positive that someone else has lost a limb or won the lottery-and DO NOT tell me that you think you should get a share in the millions that you think someone else may have won! I will not answer, I will not listen and I will ultimately lose my patience with you and be rude the next time I talk to you.

Does this make me a bad person? I do not think so. It just makes me a person who is not willing to listen to your nosey Nelly induced drama spasms.

Thank you, this has been a public service announcement. Paid for by the June Cleaver Hates Drama society.