I have been making mental checklists of things I want to get accomplished before he arrives:
- Organize finances (oh crap)
- Organize garage (blech)
- Organize closet (rumor has it there is a floor to my closet)
- Organize the rental house spreadsheet (Carl loves spreadsheets... they turn him on.)
- Get rid of all People magazines and US magazines... stock the house with intelligent reads like Money and Gold Digest. (It is the little things that make him happy)
- Hide all granny panties. (I don't want to frighten the poor guy)
- Buy unmentionables that I won't mention here on this blog.
- Take down all Christmas decorations (he said he would help, but I know he was just saying that to "act" supportive He would much rather spend his time at home doing... other things.)
- Lose 10lbs (in 7 days? Not a problem.)
- Color my roots (What? You thought I was naturally this color? Maybe when I was 7).
- Shave (I'll need a few razors for this considering he has been gone for 5 months-and it is winter)
- Give the dog a bath (not because Carl would care, but because the dog stinks).
- Buy beer (and pretend they are the same ones that were in the fridge when he left.)
- Delete all emails from blogging readers with the subject heading "hot man" (just because).
I bet Carl's mental list looks like this:
- Get home.