5.09.2007

Introducing Wee One!

Well, we did it! We birthed a baby! She is a beauty~and such a sweet baby.

We went into the Doc on Friday afternoon and they decided to induce (it could have been my constant pushing that convinced them... but I don't know) We waited around for a room to open up, and then waited to see a Doc, and then waited some more for I don't know what.

After seeing the Doc he asked me what my level of pain would be that I would need an epidural from 1-10. Since I was at a 0, I thought it was the perfect time to get one! He was a little surprised but agreed to my getting an epidural before I even had my panties off. I was not fooling around.

I ended up having an epidural 4 HOURS before they were able to come in to induce me... so I had an evening of television, my husband, and numbness from the waist down--it was like I was in college again.

I was finally induced-and 3 1/2 hours later baby was born. My husband is boasting that I only pushed twice-but I think it was more like 4 times. I don't fool around when I need to push. If all else fails in life for me I would be a great side show in the circus let me tell ya.

Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers and well wishes~We are happy to be home and hopefully the blog will be up and running very soon!


21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! She's a beauty! I'm glad everything went well for you...

ukok said...

She is adorable! Well done you! Many congratulations to you and your hubbie.

Michelle said...

She's a cutie! Congratulations!

Michelle said...

What is her name?!?

Essy said...

Congratulations! I kind of figured that's what you were up to since there haven't been any new posts in a little while. Good job! She's a beauty.

Suzanne said...

Precious little one! Name? I love the hair ...just precious!
Please give her a sweet kiss for me, will you? Thanks!

Laura The Crazy Mama said...

WOOOHOOO! Good job! She is so flamin' cute I can't stand it! Look, she's only a couple of days old and she already has tons of style! That hair! Okay, now we need to hear the stats and how the sibs are dealing with the new addition. I can't wait to see more pics!

Charlotte (WaltzingM) said...

She is gaw-geous I tell you!

Good job out of you!

june cleaver said...

Mary Claire is her name...
8lbs. 13 oz
22 inches

Kasia said...

She is perfectly beautiful. Look at all that hair!!!

Now, admit it - she was worth all that Shamu-ness and discomfort. Right? ;-)

Congratulations! (Your hubby isn't out golfing, is he? ;-) )

Shauna Loves Chocolate said...

Congrats, Cris! I started to wonder when you hadn't posted...

She's gorgeous! (but you knew that already!)

Anonymous said...

An epidural BEFORE the induction..I LOVE it!!! LOL!!

Congrats, she is GORGEOUS!!!!!

Renee said...

So Sweet!! I wish that photo was scratch and sniff. I would love to get a whiff of that lovely newborn, straight from God smell. Hmm. Lovely! Congratulations, and may God grand Mary Claire many years in peace, health and happiness!!

Natalie said...

Congratulations! She is such a perfect little beauty. Love the epidural story.

Special K ~Toni said...

Congrats! She is perfect! Your inducement only took 3 1/2 hours? Mine took 53 hours. No that was NOT a typo! Glad to have you home safe and well!

Toni ♥

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. So pretty.
Makes me want another.
Not.
(not at my age, anyhow)


Congratulations, Cris!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Congrats!

Suzanne said...

Hi, Mary Claire! Pretty name too.

Anonymous said...

Awwww ... what a sweet little face. LOVE THE NAME!

Congratulations Cris!

Annie said...

Congratulations - she's beautiful!

Amy said...

CONGRATS!!!
You push like me!! Last one I pushed once they told me to stop, I did, and she still came out!