8.23.2007

BYOB

Thank God for organized friends. I have a friend who is very organized. She schedules play dates, luncheons, dinner parties, game nights and book clubs. If it weren't for her inviting me to all of her functions, well I would not have a social life at all!

I am a lazy friend to have. I don't return phone calls, emails take weeks to get a response and if asked to bring a side dish to something I will usually stop off at the local market and buy a salad. I don't even take the time to put it in my own dish, I just bring it in the container the teenager stuffed it into behind the counter and my carrying case is not a fancy one from Longaberger or Pampered Chef, no it is the plastic bag from the grocery store.

I am such a lazy friend that my favorite kind of friends are the ones that understand this about me and just invite themselves over unannounced. This takes all of the guess work out of who will come to a party or how I will feed them. Basically, if you pop over, chances are I have chips and salsa and beer in the fridge. What more does a party need?

I didn't used to be this way. Before I had so many darnd kids I was the bubbly hostess that was organized. I had every kind of party under the sun... even a sex toy party. Yes, I said sex toy. I never used those "hostess dollars" to purchase anything but now I see where that whip would have come in handy in disciplining my children. Lesson learned I suppose.

A part of me would like to be the hostess with the mostess again... but I have so many other important things to do like homeschool my kids and watch Top Chef.

So again I say Thank God for my organized friend who is obviously only keeping me around for entertainment value alone but I don't mind, I'll be entertaining and funny, just as long as I don't have to plan the party.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heart your song. Robbie Williams is love....

I soo wish for the days when I could entertain. Those days are long gone for me.

Special K ~Toni said...

My friend Barbie plans EVERYTHING for me- just don';t have the energy/ambition to do it myself!