9.29.2007

This Won't Hurt A Bit... I Promise

A little while back I went to the dentist for my normal 6 month cleaning. She took x-rays and told me I needed a root canal on one of my back molars. Huh? Nothing even hurt, but I figured she knew more than me seeing as she is the one with her hands in my mouth and I am the one in the chair grunting my responses to her questions about my children and how long we have lived in the area.

I was referred to a endo-something-or-other and went in for my root canal on Thursday. Now, if you remember, my tooth did not hurt at all... today I have a swollen face and throbbing pain in my jaw. I even paid them over $300 to put me in such pain! I apparently have the word "stupid" tattoo'd on my forehead.

I would have to say that there is nothing worse than tooth pain. If someone said to me, "I am either going to pull out your fingernails or give you a root canal" well I would take the fingernail extractions over throbbing intense pain in my face. Bring it on...

I don't look very attractive right now either. My face is swollen. I look like Mary Jo Buttafuco. I have decided to stay in the house until it goes away.

The best part of all of this is the medication that my endo-whatever prescribed to me. It has the side effects of belly pain, nausea or vomiting, and diarrhea. Yippee!

I keep thinking about Tom Hanks in the movie "Cast Away" when he was on a deserted island and had a toothache so bad that he was driven to knocking it out of his head with a rock! The next thing you know I will be carrying around a volleyball and calling it "Wilson."

I have read the medication pamphlet over and over and no where does it say to avoid alcohol.

Thank God for small miracles.

6 comments:

Special K ~Toni said...

I'll have one with you!



CHEERS!

Terry Nelson said...

Do you ever listen to KQRS Morning Show? It's out of Mpls/St. Paul. This may be inappropriate, but I doubt you will mind. They often have a soundbite from June, "Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver."

What the hay - it's Saturday nite!

momto5minnies said...

Oh no ... I can almost feel that pain across the screen. Toothpain hurts the WHOLE HEAD ... jaw, skull, ears. OUCH!

Take care and if you don't decide to have a drink, I will have one on you ;)

FEEL BETTER!

Hilary said...

Aww.. hope you feel much better by the time you're reading your comments.

june cleaver said...

Terry, I actually have a very good post to do on "worrying about the beaver" but since it is Sunday, I will wait until Monday to publish it. Just to be on the safe side.

Anonymous said...

Pain, pain go away! Come again some other day! Little Crissy wants to play...and blog! Hee hee, I hope the pain is gone!
Love, Aunt Barb